Wednesday, December 05, 2012

a pie party




last friday we hosted a pie party. ya know, invite friends who make (or buy) delicious pie and you sit around eating way too much of it. it's the perfect after thanksgiving event, if you ask me. laurel's apple pie with warm caramel really won over the group. well done lady!
as far as the backdrop is concerned, i had big plans for it. but as soon as mr. mark walked through the door home from work (early i might add!) and offered to take me to dinner, those plans quickly faded. come on, a one on one date with my guy before our pie party group date? yes please! 
so the decor stayed simple. kind of a wintery feel going on. and the white backdrop is still hanging in my dining room. i think i'm going to incorporate it into my christmas decor somehow. stay tuned. 
all in all, the night was successful! the countdown to next year has already begun!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Thanks, Emily! It was so much fun and such a great idea. Too bad you don't have a button I can grab to say, "I've been featured at..."

Stephanie D. said...

This looks like a fabulous get together for a good group of friends...I might steal this :)

Natalie said...

I keep looking at this post and drooling. I also wonder why I don't do more fun stuff like this. Then I realized I'm lazy and pregnant right now. Maybe when baby is a bit older I can start posting stuff that will make you a little jealous. ; ) jk. You're so talented Emily. Great job! And its just so simple but its truly one of the cutest ideas I've seen. And way to go on scoring some quality hubby time, I just love that.

Marisa Jean said...

The party was perfect, and so was the decor! You always amaze me with what you come up with. And by the way, LOVED that GF pie! Yummo!