Tuesday, July 24, 2012

and life changes again...


life is weird. but i think that's for the best. life has a way of waking you up and pointing you in a new direction...even when you thought you were awake and moving in a great direction. 
i was laid off at work over a week ago.
kind of a bummer. 
i had tears welling up in my eyes as the words were said, "the time has come for us to let you go."
my poor dad. yes, my dad. he was my boss. he had to lay me off. tough spot to be in for both of us.
to be honest, i had been wanting to quit for a while but i just couldn't justify it.
we needed the money.
we NEEDED the insurance. blessed insurance.
but as i thought about what had just happened, i felt hopeful. 
encouraged even.
everything will be fine, i kept thinking. and not in that 'i need to tell myself this so i don't have a panic attack kind of way.' 
i truly believe it will be fine.
don't get me wrong, i had a few days of complete misery. i was way more emotional about this change than i thought i would be. the older i get, the more emotional i seem to be getting.
however, because of that overriding feeling i have that everything will be okay, i'm optimistic. 
i'm positive. 
i'm motivated.
you know what i did yesterday? i took my kids to the water park. it was a monday and i didn't have to work. so we had ourselves a bit of summer fun. sun, lazy rivers, water slides and insane wedgies from those slides. heaven. 
i still remember how to be a fun mom. 
and while i'm casually looking for a job that will work for my schedule as a mom, i'm gonna live up this time that i have to be a full time mommy again. it's really the only job i've ever wanted and valued. 
oh, and then there's my homemaker 'to do' list that's been starring me in the face for over two years every morning that i've left for work. you know, like painting, diy projects, learning new skills, baking even more, helping izzy with all of her pre-school tasks, spending more time focusing on mark...the list goes on. 
so now i'm going to do those things. i've already started. and i've love it. 
the lack of money for a bit is going to be a challenge...but it's not an unfamiliar one to me. we've dealt with it before and we can do it again. 
we will be fine. 
actually, we will be great!

4 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

What the heck?!? I had NO idea this happened and I just barely talked to you on Sunday! Sounds like I need to treat you to a GF Cupcake so I can get the inside scoop. I feel like such a bad friend. :(

I'm so sorry. Good for you in staying positive, but it still sucks.

Chalise said...

all I have to say is you are AWESOME! I need to remember how to be a fun mom. thanks for the entry

Amy said...

I don't know if I've told you lately, but you are such an inspiration to me. In the mom category, fashion category and being real category. Good for you for having such a positive spin on the current state of your life...because your life is pretty wonderful!

Stephanie D. said...

You are pretty amazing! Hang in there, everything will work out!!! I agree with all of the above :)