Wednesday, February 15, 2012

valentines

we didn't do too much to celebrate valentine's day. dinner at home with the kids, little chocolate treats and a heart shaped cake. simple. 
however, i received a few little surprises the day before valentine's day. 
mark bought me this five year journal. my friend lisa has one and i've been coveting it from the moment she told us about it. mark hunted one down for me on amazon and it showed up on my doorstep on monday. it's awesome. the inside looks like this...
you can write a few lines about your day for five years in a row. smart, right? i've really enjoyed it so far.

also on monday, i received another little present when i checked the mail. a few weeks ago i won a blog contest on THIS here blog. amy is mark's cousin's wife. she is adorable! her blog is pretty great. check it out when you have a minute. her recipes are killer. trust me. here are my winnings...
valentine pillow slipcovers. aren't they so cute? i am so thrilled to have them!

i hope you all had a great valentine's day with your loved ones as well!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! You scored on the Valentine's Day items. Sometimes the simple fun things are the most exciting!

Emily Frame said...

i love that journal! what is the brand?

Marisa Jean said...

My great-grandma has journals like that. 30 years-worth of them. Since she died before I knew her, I've learned about her from reading them. She documented EVERY single hair wash. Every one. For thirty years. Makes me giggle. I expect you to do the same. Ha ha.