Friday, March 25, 2011

let me count the ways...

i was at barnes & noble the other day with some friends and spotted this little gem. 

and it has cool pages like this in it


a little cheesy? sure. but i love the idea that in 30 years i can look back on it and maybe remember things that i had forgotten. or that my kids can read it when they're older and know that their parents did love and admire each other. it's an easier version of keeping a journal. yes, i'm making mark fill it out too. he's thrilled. or at least that's what i'm telling myself. it's nice to dwell on the fun, cute things about being married. it keeps you focused on the good in the other person.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so cute Emily. I love it! What a sweet find. I may just have to go get a couple for Joe and I. ; ) CUTE!

Chris and Tara Stanley said...

I think that's great! I think it's even greater that you're making Mark do it. Man would I loved to see his face when you showed it to him!

Marisa Jean said...

That's a great idea. I love your description of Mark's reaction...ha ha! My husband would flat out refuse.

It really will be a treasure later on in life.