mark and i are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today. can it really be our 10th? holy cow. and how did we celebrate today? well, mark is still at work and i just got home from parent/teacher conference. yeah. i guess we have been married a long time. actually, we're going out tomorrow night. we will also be going on some kind of vacation together this summer to celebrate. i'm thinking hawaii sounds like a good 10 year reward.
today i caught myself looking at the clock and thinking, "what were we doing 10 years ago at this time?" i think about each hour of labor on my kid's birthdays too. strange? i just like taking myself back to those life changing moments.
|bad scanning job|
so here are a few highlights that i thought of today:
- i wasn't able to fall asleep the night before until about 2am. way too anxious about everything going well and everyone being where they needed to be the next day.
- however, my roommate had to physically pull me out of bed at 5am to get ready. exhausted to say the least.
- went over to mark's after i did my hair and makeup so that we could drive to the temple together and do a session before being sealed.
- mark realized that he was missing some information on the sealing paper we needed to fill out and had to spend a big chunk of the morning tracking down a former bishop. i wasn't too happy. and we missed our session.
- it rained/snowed most of the day. i guess that's what you get for getting married in march. in utah. in manti, to be exact.
i'm making the day sound real fun, right? most of the day was chaos. my stress the night before had been warranted.
- once at the temple, i had to run through the rain. and my hair fell apart. i went into the brides room and they pretty much held me hostage for well over an hour. seriously. those little old ladies mean business. i kept asking if i could go sit with mark in the celestial room til our sealing but they wanted me to stay with them. that's it. so there i sat. mark was wondering what in the heck was going on but couldn't seem to get any information about where i was. he thought "she probably came to her senses and took off." nope, just held hostage in the bride's room.
- 1pm was our sealing time. walking into that sealing room with all of our family and friends there was amazing. that is something i will always remember.
- the sealer did a great job, or so i'm told. that i don't remember.
- the rain stopped long enough for mark's dad and uncle to take a few quick pictures outside.
- our reception was at my parent's house and it was cramped.
- we didn't have a line (per mark's request) and i don't think that i actually stood next to him at all during the reception. i had to point across the room at him when trying to show people who i had just married. geez.
- reception is over. time to leave. oh wait, mark's best friend from out of town needs a ride back to where he's staying...and asks mark to drop him off...and mark says yes. what the heck?! are we seriously going to be driving off in our "just married" car with our friend sitting in the backseat? luckily another friend jumped in and saved the day by offering to drive him home.
- and i won't say anything else about the rest of the night...cause ya know, that's private. wink, wink.
|see the watch? don't worry, had it on all day. totally forgot to take it off and put my necklace on.|
what an adventure. however, i was in heaven the whole day. i was marrying the coolest person i knew. all of that other stuff just didn't seem to matter at the time. and, i have to say, that our life since then has been an adventure as well but i'm grateful that we've been able to make it though the craziness together.
i am so grateful for mark. he makes me happy. he's still the coolest person i know.