Monday, February 21, 2011

weekend project

i've been wanting to make more changes in the house for a while. the kitchen needs to be replaced. so do the bathrooms. everything needs new paint, more decorations, more organization....
you get the idea.
so i decided to start with a simple weekend project. bead board in the dining room. mark was really patient with me (i can be a little bossy and demanding when it comes to stuff like this) and did all of the difficult work - the measuring, cutting, hammering. i was a good assistant. and i chalked and painted at the end. i would still like to add more pictures to the shelf and maybe something simple over by the door but overall i'm really happy with the result.
right before we started

my good husband hard at work while i take pictures

project finished!
oh, and don't mind the fact that izzy's chair is a different color...that's a project for another day!

6 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

What the heck! I seriously need to get my butt in gear and do some home improvement projects because you're making me feel like a lazy cuss...then again, that's exactly what I am. I LOVE the way this looks!

Keli said...

Turned out so darling! Love it!

Amy said...

Way too fun! Beautiful!

Laurel said...

OOOH! So pretty. You've got an eye for design. As for Izzy's chair, at least she has one. Two of our "Dining" chairs are metal folding chairs...

Chalise said...

Lovin it!!!

Sarah said...

It looks amazing! I love bead board. I have always wanted to put it in my girls' room. Great job on the home decorating!