Saturday, October 23, 2010

these times are a-changin'

at the pumpkin patch last week
well it seems as though i've been neglecting this little blog. there have been so many changes going on lately that it's tough enough to keep up with those things, let alone the smaller things. all is well though. we are moving forward. the kids are enjoying school a lot. both of their teachers have been great. i am working now as well. i only work in the mornings (til about 1pm) and am home by the time the kids get home from school. i just do reception work for the sutherland institute. it's been a great experience so far...very much a blessing. my family has been helping out with izzy. and i can't even explain how much i appreciate that. i know it takes time out of their days to have her around. so, the next step will be for me to get back into school. i just need to get my nursing degree already! i've been dragging my feet...you know, marriage, kids and life have a way of distracting you, don't they? which, by the way, has been perfectly fine with me. i think my priorities have been in the right place over the last 10 years but now it's time for me to get back into school. plain and simple. nursing will be a career that i can always rely on for a steady income. mark is also going back to school in january so hopefully between the two of us giving it a go we can make something good happen.

also, ethan was baptized a few weeks ago. i have pictures but they are on mark's phone, which i don't have right now, so that post will have to be for another time. it was such a great experience though. the day couldn't have worked out any better than it did. 

and one more piece of news...izzy has finally learned how to ride her bike. she loves it! she will spend all afternoon out riding if i let her. and i usually do cause it's so dang adorable. 

3 comments:

Rachel M. said...

Cute Em!! I need to learn how to post pictures. Your blog is adorable!

SteveandSteph said...

Good for you Emily!!

Keli said...

Cute blog! I'm so glad you have one! I love reading blogs. Now I feel like I know you better!