Thursday, August 26, 2010

words to live by

I ended up seeing Eat Pray Love last week with my mom and sister. It's the perfect movie to see with other girls. We had some great conversation about it after the movie (I won't bore you right now with all of my opinions) but we couldn't decide if we really liked the movie. You'll have to let me know what you think if you see it. There were good lessons learned and sometimes I felt like jumping through the screen and smacking Julia Robert's character. Truly. She wasn't my favorite. However, by the end of the movie I was okay with her.
And I really appreciated this lighthearted scene between Roberts and the new friend she made while in Italy.



Something good I took away from the movie: Enjoy life. Slow down and try not to kill yourself with guilt. And live in the moment. So hard to do but definitely worth the effort.

Okay movie. Great reminders.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I want to see the movie, but I have heard the same thing many times about her character...I want to read the book, but am not completely sure about it...mmmm...you always have great opinions!

Natalie said...

Ok, so I'm trying to read the book right now. I've gotten as far as India and let me tell you, this is the hardest book I've ever had to read. Its HARD to get through it. I really dislike Liz. I almost dread reading the book but a friend of mine said the third part of the book is good so I'm attempting to hang in there and finish it. So to be quite honest, I'm not excited to see the movie. I love Julia Roberts but have heard MANY people say they didn't like her character, as you've said. I may just wait to get it on Netflix.

Thanks for this post though!