Wednesday, July 14, 2010

welcome to my world

I think I've found a new hobby. And a new way to exercise. Yoga! I went to my first class at the gym on Monday night and had a great time. I don't really know what I was expecting but it was better than I thought. It's super challenging and relaxing at the same time. My arms and legs are still quite sore. But that also might have something to do with my lack of physical activity lately anyway. Let's not dwell on that though. I'm becoming active again. So, yeah, I think yoga has become my new thing for now. 


Side note. While I was at my yoga class, Mark was home with the kids. Before I left he was working on his truck (car problems annoy the crap out of me!) and then he said he was going to clean out the window wells around the house. So I go to my class and stop by the grocery store on the way home. When I walk in the door he's sitting on the couch watching tv and eating cake. I asked if he got everything done that he wanted to do and he says, "Nope. I'm really frustrated with the way this evening went. I was working on the truck and didn't have the right tool so I couldn't finish it. Then Matt (his best friend) called and we talked for a while. And then the kids wanted to run through the sprinklers so I thought they could do that while I cleaned but the water hit Izzy right in the face and she freaked out so I put her in the shower. Then, of course, the other kids wanted to take a shower to warm up. Then it got dark but I still thought about going to clean the window wells but..." And I jumped in with, "But you decided to have cake instead." And he says,"Yes! I needed cake." And my response, "Welcome to my world dear." Every day I have goals, really good goals, to accomplish and sometimes life takes over and shows me how things are really going to work. And at the end of the day I'm usually eating something while in front of the tv. Finally he understands! Finally. Well at least in that moment he understood anyway. I'll take it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is greatness! I love it when I get the look from Ian like, "I finally understand what you are talking about!"
Yeah for yoga...I can't wait to start back up after this baby!

Natalie said...

OOH! I got this moment the other week at the zoo with Joe. He always asks me why I'm so tired and its always, "We went to the zoo" or "we went to the park today" and he shoots back, "How is that tiring? You just hang out with the kids all day, how can you get tired?". Well, we walked the zoo with some friends and Joe had the day off so he came along and he says in the MIDDLE of the zoo, "Wow, this is kind of exhausting."

THANK YOU!! Finally. :D What a cute post.

Side note: I LOVE YOGA! I always thought you had to be a hippy to get into it but really does work. I have a lot of back problems and since starting yoga, my back has yet to ache again. :D Enjoy it!