Thursday, May 13, 2010

dessert plate

I saw the cutest idea at a boutique a few weeks ago and wanted to give it a try. They make awesome gifts, as I gave them to my mom and sister for Mother's day. And then I thought that I needed one too! So here's what I did.

I bought a glass candlestick holder...


and a cute plate...


glued them together with this glue...


let it sit like this for a few hours so that the glue would adhere...


and ended up with this gem!

So easy! And now when I have people over I have a cute plate to put cupcakes, cookies, fruit or whatever on to serve. Oh, and I found this stuff at Hobby Lobby but just about any craft store or even Target would have cute options.

P.S. the longer you let the glue sit the better.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

What a cute inexpensive idea! I love that! Where do I find that glue from?

Amy said...

I have been seeing those around and yours has been the cutest!

Caitlin said...

I love that idea! I was just thinking how I desperately need a platter!