Sunday, January 17, 2010

first of 2010

I just noticed that I haven't posted anything in 2010 yet. Strange. While we've had a lot going on I don't have much to blog about it would seem. And I certainly don't have pictures to post. I really must get better at taking pictures of everything. I know I'm going to regret that down the line. So what have we been filling our days up with?
Here are a few things:

* Mark had his tonsils removed
. It's amazing that kids recovery so quickly from this kind of surgery because as far as I can tell it's pretty painful for an adult.

* School, school and more school


* I have had multiple conversations with our insurance company (I have very little love for them) regarding the removing of the tonsils that, I'm embarrassed to say, brought me to tears with the insurance agent on the other end of the line. I apologized to her.


* I also spent three days on the phone trying to work out details on a house we are trying to buy and remodel. Managed to do that without tears. Hopefully we will end up with that house shortly. Stay tuned.


*I am slightly obsessed with football at the moment. Everything I do on the weekends revolves around which game is the most important for me to watch. Heaven help me if the Vikings and the Colts make it to the Super Bowl. I love them both.


*Last but not least - I tried a new cupcake place! Anyone in Utah Co. who loves cupcakes should check out Cupcake Chic cupcakes sold at the Coffee Pod or the BYU bookstore. Favorites so far are the coconut cupcake and the carrot cupcake. I've heard the red velvet is lovely too but it wasn't available on the day I went...now I have an excuse to go back very soon!


And for those interested in the Mero gang:

* My brother, Joe, was KUTV 2's Prep of the Week last week and was highlighted on their sports show. Very cool! His team is the only undefeated team in their region.


* My brother, Cam, got a new job in AZ and will be moving there in the next few weeks. I think it's a great opportunity for him and Rachel but I'm sad to see them go. We'll just have to take a road trip down there...I've never been to AZ before.


Oh, and on a side note, I saw the movie 500 Days of Summer last week. Cute movie. Really cute movie. I think it shows how real relationships sometimes work out. Seriously, it's good. Watch it. And here's one of my favorite scenes - if you've ever had that twitterpated feeling you will certainly appreciate this!

No comments: