We had a great Christmas this year. We were able to visit with both of our families and have time at our own house. It was perfect. Here are a few highlights:
* Christmas Eve at the Meros - awesome dinner, letting all the grandkids rip into their presents pretty much at the same time, Mom's face when she opened the present I made her, a very loud game of apples to apples and relaxed fun all the way around.
* Christmas morning at our own house for the first time. Yummy breakfast that I whipped up on my new griddle. Kid's faces when going through their stockings. Mark getting The Hangover from me because it's the funniest dang movie ever and we needed to have it in our house.
(gotta love x-mas morning just woke up pictures)
* Singing along to my new Glee soundtracks on the way to Cedar. Mark even joined in on a few of them. Who can pass up singing to Sweet Caroline? Seriously.
* Kids excitement once they realized they both got scooters from Gma Janie. They are in love with them.
And I just need to throw my birthday highlights in here too...it's the day after Christmas and the days just seem to blend together.
* Getting a much needed manicure by myself. Ah, peace and quiet. * Clothes shopping - a treat from my mother-in-law. * Dinner date with Mark to my favorite little mexican restaurant. Yummy! I ate so much I thought I was going to be sick. * Hanging out with some of our treasured friends. Brownies, games, laughing, laughing & and more laughing. Loved it! * And, I'm going to add last Monday into my birthday highlights. Our friends in Salt Lake took me to sushi and a movie, Up in the Air. Perfect.
I think I'm going through a 'can't ever get to the gym' phase. And I'm really frustrated by it. I used to go to the gym every day, no matter what. Always. Now it's maybe a few times a month. I used to work at a gym for heavens sake! Maybe having my third baby is the reason. Maybe being busier than ever before is the reason. Something has to be done though. I'm not even thinking about my weight so much, although it's starting to come back now that I'm not nursing. I need to feel like I'm doing something for myself. To better myself. To strengthen myself. Mark made the comment to me that I'm just happier when I'm working out regularly.
Maybe I should take a class. Which class? Yoga? Spinning? Zumba intimidates the heck out of me. But maybe I should try it. I would love to start running again. I was doing really well a while back. Maybe I should pick a 5K and just do it. But then there's the choice between doing this super early in the morning or late in the evening. Who wants to exercise at either of those times? I can do it though. I need to do it. So I will.
My brother, Evan, proposed to his long time girlfriend, Jessica, over the weekend and she, of course, said yes. I'm really excited for them! If ever two people just went together it's them. I'm excited for Jess to officially be apart of the family, since it seems like she's always been anyway. I think they are planning a May wedding. Congrats guys!
I just thought this was a cute picture of them walking out of Cam's wedding a few weeks ago.
Even amid this holiday season I've been feeling a bit grumpy and ungrateful. I'm not even sure why. Actually, that's not true. I could name off a list of things I would like to change, things that aren't changing fast enough and things that probably won't ever change in my life but let's not go there...
The point of this thought is that just this morning I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my little family, especially Mark. He left for work at 630am. I got to stay home. I always get to stay home. And I went back to bed and enjoyed a little more sleep.
My sister got me hooked on these, the peanut butter filled pretzel covered in chocolate that is. I don't know whether to thank her or be upset. I'm addicted. I was awake with the baby last night at 2am and found myself munching on a few of them. Not good. However, if you love the chocolate/peanut butter flavor I say these are worth every calorie!