Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a good life


old picture. diggin the flash.


I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes me happy, grateful, hopeful. What makes ME me.


I laugh when Isabelle dances.

I am grateful that I was raised to see more good than bad.

I am blessed to have had 3 pregnancies, 3 births and 3 healthy kids.

I am fulfilled when I get to the end of the day and I've done my best - no matter the task, especially when it involves teaching my kids.

I am strengthened by my testimony that started with knowing Joseph Smith was a prophet.

I am proud that I started a book club - going on four months now.

I am comfortably ME in my pajamas late at night watching a movie and eating a bowl of cereal.

I love Mark who lets me be me and loves me the same.

I wish I could move like Beyonce.

I am glad it didn't take me too long to realize that a face covered in freckles and curvy hips are good things.

And, I am happy because of all of these things.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a fabulous person, Emily! I sure do miss you, but love your blog so much!

Natalie said...

What a wonderful post, you go girl! We love you for you as well, always have! You're one of the sweetest people I know. :D

I wanna move like Beyonce too, dangit. :D

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

You are wonderful. I wish I was more a "look for the good" person like you. I will always have to work at that. :)

thedoodlegirl said...

I am part of the Emily fan club!!!

alana said...

where's the "like it" button?