Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life of a Housewife


Just a few minutes ago I looked out the window to see my neighbor outside with her kids riding bikes. She's dressed, make-up on and all of her kids are dressed and looking cute. I cringe because it's 1130am and I'm still in my sweats, no make-up and my kids are watching a dvd (it's a school dvd, if that helps) in their pajamas. Now, for half a second I started to beat myself up about it. Then I stopped. I am trying to do better about just letting issues like that go. Yesterday I was out at the park by now. Today not so much. So what. Everyday is different. Even though I haven't made it to the shower yet I've been productive in my home. Good for me!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Here, here! High five to you because we all feel that way...for me, every day! I know you are a wonderful mom because your kids are fantastic!

nalder said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's hard not to compare yourself to other moms. Your a great mother! That mom was probably just having a good day, tomorrow she will probably be in her pj's all day. haha

alana said...

Her house is totally a mess. Her laundry is also piled to the ceiling. They will have to eat out tonight because there's nothing thawed to cook for dinner.
And that's all because she decided to put on makeup and dress her kids cute.
It's called trading...

Natalie said...

AMEN Emily. :D Amen.