Friday, June 12, 2009

Dinner Idea

I got this recipe from Amy and it's quickly become a hit in our house. I could just about eat it all by myself, but we all know I love to eat, moving on...

It will totally satisfy your pizza craving without spending a lot of money and without the work of making dough, something I'm not very good at. We usually just have pepperoni on ours because the kids are pretty picky...if it were up to Liv I wouldn't put anything on it. Since that's my only topping, I can make this for under $5. The pepperoni can be costly but it will stretch to make two or three pizzas. So if you are in need of a dinner idea give this one a try. It's so quick, easy and yummy.


French Bread Pizza

1 loaf French bread
1 jar of pizza sauce (walmart's brand is yummy and cheap!)
1-2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
favorite pizza toppings

Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Place bread cut side up onto sheet. Pour half of the bottle of sauce onto first slice and spread evenly with a spoon. Repeat with other side. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on top of sauce. Add toppings. Put the rest of the cheese on top of the toppings. Bake at 375 for about 12-14 minutes...until cheese is melted and lightly golden brown. Cool slightly and cut into desired amount. It also keeps well in the fridge if there are leftovers.

And this is what happens to some of my extra pepperoni.


Izzy loves it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah! I am glad it's a hit! She is so pretty!