Sunday, March 29, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Okay, so, I have a confession to make. I am obsessed with cupcakes at the moment. I have always loved to bake and this happens to be my new thing to bake as well as search the valley for delicious cupcake bakeries. I have been to a few places but I love So Cupcakes by far the most. I have posted blogs about them before. Anyway, red velvet cupcakes seem to be very popular right now. So Cupcakes is usually sold out by noon. I haven't really understood the fascination. It's red cake. However, it's grown on me. I was finally able to taste So Cupcake's version with cream cheese frosting, thanks to my wonderful husband who called them early one morning and asked them to set one aside for him to pick up after work for me. He's the best! I was hooked almost immediately. However, it's the frosting that's so addicting, in this case. I've had red velvet with buttercream and it just didn't do it like the cream cheese. So now I am trying to find a recipe that I love just as much that I can make at home. I found this recipe and made it this weekend. It's really good, it's moist and has a good flavor, but I think the frosting could be better. I think I'll give Amy's recipe a try. Anyway, here's the finished product.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Okay, those look delicious! I hope your move went okay!