Friday, January 23, 2009

My Kids & Old Habits


Ok, I know this is a horribly small picture (it was taken with my cell phone and I can't figure out how to change the dimensions) but I absolutely love it. Everyone was in such a good mood this morning so I couldn't miss a chance to take a picture. I adore these kids!

On another note, I've been feeling a bit negative these days...you name it, I'm negative about it. Now I know I have a lot to be thankful for so I'm thinking that I will start up an old habit I had once upon a time. Every night before bed I would write down five things that had happened that day that I was grateful for. It really helped me to focus on the positive and not so much on the negative. So, for this week, I am going to post those five things on this blog every night. If you find yourself in the same situation, join me by listing your five things.

Friday Grateful List
#1 - My smiling, happy baby
#2 - Ethan helping Liv with her school work
#3 - My new black shirt
#4 - A husband who put my comfort above his
#5 - Pilates, my only source of exercise for today

1 comment:

nalder said...

You really do have the sweetest kids! That's a great idea. I can be ms. negative too sometimes. What helps me get through a rough time is I always try to put everything in eternal perspective. Might sound cheesy but it really makes what I'm feeling down about seem so unimportant and help me to focus on what I'm grateful for.