Monday, August 04, 2008

Still Breech

I went to the doctor this morning (yes, my actual doctor) and he checked the baby to see if she had switched positions but she is still breech. We went over all of my options - turning the baby, breech delivery or c-section. I am not comfortable with turning the baby (success rate is not very good and the risks are too high) or a breech delivery. Like I mentioned before, I've had a baby in the NICU before and I would like to avoid that as much as possible this time around. So that leaves me with getting a scheduled c-section. I tried to ask if we could do it this Sunday, Aug. 10, because I will be over 39 weeks and that's Mark's only day off but apparently the hospital doesn't do scheduled c-sections on Sundays. I am pretty disappointed by this news but what can I do? The new plan is to go back on Monday to see the doctor and he will check to see if she is still breech and if she is then he will set up a c-section for Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe I'll go into labor before then...

4 comments:

The Brown Family said...

That's a bummer, I'm sorry.
But we'll keep our fingers crossed for next week.
Guess I better get on top of getting those clothes to you...sorry!

Carissa said...

I am so sorry about this disappointing news. You will be in prayers, and make sure and keep us updated. We love you!

Nathan & Allison said...

Emily! I found your blog! I'm sorry to hear that this little girl of yours does not want to turn! Anyway, if we can do anything for you and Mark these next couple of weeks, let us know.

Melanie said...

Please let us know how it goes! It is Saturday afternoon right now, and I'm hoping my contractions will start any minute (had a fun little procedure this morning to get going :) ). Maybe we will both be calling each other from the hospital with our news!

Miss you guys. Talk soon & good luck!
Mel & Ryan