Friday, July 25, 2008

Not So Upside Down

I went to the doctor yesterday (I saw a different doctor than I normally see because my doctor was out of town) and got a bit of interesting news. The doctor was measuring my stomach and then began pushing around a little. A puzzled look came to his face and he asked, "Has your Doctor ever said whether or not the baby's head is down?" I told him that just over a month ago the doctor told me that the head was indeed down. He asked if I would mind if he did a quick ultrasound. He started the ultrasound at the bottom of my stomach and immediately started laughing - there was a little baby butt instead of a cute little face. This pregnancy has been full of surprises so I guess I shouldn't have been too thrown off by the news of her being breech. I have to go see another doctor (this guy I saw is also going on vacation and my doctor won't be back) on Thursday and then I go to my regular doctor on Monday, Aug 4. As long as something strange doesn't happen before my doctor gets back (going into labor, emergency c-section) then I will find out on the 4th what exactly will happen. There is a slim to none chance that this baby will flip so I am counting on a c-section. I've heard that my doctor has actually delivered breech babies in the past but Mark and I aren't too comfortable with that idea. We've had a baby in the NICU before and I really don't want to do that again if anything were to go wrong during delivery. I will keep you all posted.

5 comments:

Chong Ohana said...

Hey guys. Glad to hear you're well. We're leaving Utah and heading back to Virginia. Should you guys ever make it out there you'll have to visit.

Also, don't know if you heard, but Luke Brown passed away. They held the funeral today. My parents said it was sad, but everyone seems to be doing alright.

Natalie said...

We'll keep you, your family and your new little one in our prayers. I personally have been through a c-section and it was emergency. They are not horrible so in the end, don't freak yourself out. Do what is best for you and baby. :D Good luck you guys. All will be well! :D

HammonCheese said...

Oh Man...c-section huh? I hope all goes well for you. We can't wait to see this new little one

Carissa said...

I am really glad you were able to have a "head up" (no pun intended) about your little girl being breech, I am sure everything will work out, sounds like you are in good hands. Our new address is: 12118 Kingswood Blvd. Frdericksburg, VA 22408, we would love a birth announcement! P.S. Your kids are the cutest!!!

Aubs said...

I hope she turns for you. Have you checked on the internet on ways to turn the baby. I know there are some natural methods, things you can do to turn the baby. I think Kylie or Cassidy was breech but they turned just before they were born. I hope the same happens for you. Good luck! When are you guys heading back to Utah?